Re: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:56:45 -0400
If you have access to a pallet jack, you can't beat "Unipak boxes."  We use
them everywhere in the Army.  They are plastic tops and bottoms of boxes,
with cardboard sides.  They are VERY durable and are meant to be packed up
and moved like palletized crates.  Here is what they look like...
<http://www.rppcontainers.com/unipak.php?gclid=CPXn8f3dvpUCFRdqQgodywxRRA>
If you can't find a place to buy them, find your nearest National Guard
buddy and ask him.  The Army often has tons of these things lying around
and can spare a few.

Failing that, check with a local moving company in your area and ask them
if they have any REAL moving boxes.  In the past, when I've had to move
large amounts of IT equipment, I got big DURABLE cardboard boxes (about 2
feet wide, 2 feet deep, and 4 feet long.)  You fill them up and then use a
pallet dolly (not a jack, just 4 caster wheels on a little frame) to move
them.  Here is a link for one...
<http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38970>

NOTE- If you don't already have 2 or 3 of these in your shop, you are
working WAY to hard.  I couldn't dream of doing some of the things I do
without them!

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos