Re: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas

To: Paul Mele <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:21:06 -0500
Shipping containers are great! We bought one about 10 years ago for a
move of about 40 miles figuring that we would sell it when we got to our
destination. WRONG! We still have it and use it as a storage unit. All
off-season stuff goes in it. Works great!

You might want to consider installing wood shelves/bins on each side to
hold some of the stuff, then just leave it in the container when you get
where you are going. Fill the rest of the container with stuff that will
come out.

If you need to build yourself a shop when you get moved, consider this.
Buy 2 shipping containers and when the time comes to build the shop,
have your slab poured to handle the size of the shop, plus twice the
width of a shipping container. Position the containers on opposite sides
of the slab and build a roof across them, giving you a new shop with
LOTS of storage. There is a local contractor with a shop like this that
I can get a picture of He even continued the roof out past the
containers so there is basically a pole barn on each end for storing
large equipment out of the weather. I've been thinking about building
one for myself to house my spare cars (read waiting for restoration) and
farm equipment. I have a 30'x40' shop already, so this would be mainly
for storage.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Paul Mele:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001