Re: [Shop-talk] lawnmower blades

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] lawnmower blades
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:36:04 -0700
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 01:25:38AM +0000, scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:
> simple, I guess: how sharp should they be?

I sharpen mine as sharp as I can considering that I use a bench grinder
and a file for the parts a grinder can't reach, and don't spend a lot of
time on it.

I don't think there's much benefit to getting out the honing stones.

I balance mine with a pencil through the hole.  Side to side is fine.

> and no, the manual does not make mention of this, save to replace the blades
>when they appear worn.  the manual is thus far pretty useless.

Seems to be the trend these days... consumer documentation gets
outsourced or assigned to dingbats (or both).

Eric