Re: [Shop-talk] Flooding Stalled Car

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Flooding Stalled Car
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:55:22 -0500
I just heard back from my brother and thought I'd close the loop and let
everyone know the final result:

'So the end of the story is that there was water throughout the engine and
exhaust system.  He changed all the fluids and the mass air flow meter
(whatever that is) and it works fine.  He said that I was lucky my engine
still worked, and he had a Saab in the shop right then that the floods had
ruined the engine.  Anyway, it cost $1,200 and my insurance company will cover
all but $250.   Not a bad result.'

It was potentially as bad as everyone suspected, but he got lucky.  Thanks
again to everyone who provided input on potential problems and solutions.

Jim (and David) Stone