Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench

To: Nolan <opposumking@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:56:11 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Nolan wrote:
> So go and buy him some good screwdrivers, and good wrenches.  Have him
> work with you on the car and around the house.  Bring home a broken
> vacuum cleaner from a trashcan to disassemble.  Build a wooden airplane
> with him, a wire car, an origami cat.  Heck, my son was delighted with
> the yarn I dangled from the ceiling fan switch in his room so he could
> change the speed and turn the light on and off.  Very high tech, but HE
> was involved, so HE owned the project and the idea.

Patience... My son is only one and a half, so he's a bit young yet for
even concentrating on a project or being in the garage with me if I'm
doing anything other than watching him.

But... getting better, particularly in learning what "no" means when he's
doing something he shouldn't (and either does or doesn't know it...
Knowing it just means he looks at me first to see if it'll be ok _this_

Thanks for the story though... Your pride in your son came through loud
and clear.  It was cool.  :-)

Mark