Re: [Shop-talk] Levels

To: "John Miller" <jem@milleredp.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Levels
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:47:47 -0500
*Before this thread dies, I've gotta mention our use of liquid tube levels.
We race in vintage racing events, a Lotus 51 formula Ford and if one wishes
to do well, the corner weights and alignment are critical.  We
have"Longacre" digital corner scales to help in this effort and they require
tedious leveling in order to be accurate . . I devised a liquid level with
the tubes connected to a pair of common black & chrome woodworkers
squares and we get the level equalized with 3 A/B comparisons of the four
pad heights . . beats the 'ell out of using 4 foot long levels we once used
. .  *
*Tony in Texas*