[Shop-talk] bending stuff

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] bending stuff
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:47:51 -0500
I LOVE bending stuff !!!

here's an article on one I built... with some machinist's help...  we've since
added a "tight 90" adapter that is essentially a piece of 1" bar stock on edge
with 1/8" plate welded on each side so it will fit over the push bar and a
v-notch base that fits down in the base for bending light gauge stock.  Ive
got some more pics somewhere

C:\Users\Owner\TRUCKSTUFF\tools and shop\press
bender\presstypemetalbenderplans

With a 20 Ton jack this will bend 3/8" x 3" material  to 900 with no strain.
Its patterned after shop fitters 'handy bender"   They since gone hydraulic
but offer a 'press' you can put in your shop press for light gauge stuff..

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Universal_Fabricator_files/UF/handybend.html

mine was built before Northern and others offered their versions...  their
miniature press is about 700 bucks.... Northern Tools is cheaper... but still
over 200 I think

john

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul.