Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GPS experiences ?
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:37:30 -0800 (PST)
Heh, how about the new 696?   $3295 if you use Sporty's
free shipping.  I haven't included the cost of the updates.

Back on topic. I don't have any experience with the Tom
Tom, but I will say after using Garmin products, they are
intuitive in *most* of the functions, on any unit that I've
tried. That includes in the airplane too. Mom just bought
a Nuvi 250 and I tried it out. She returned it because she
wanted the FM transmitter. Sensitivity was pretty good
and it worked. Personally, I use my phone with Live search
and google maps. I still prefer the map detail that I can get
on the phone, in comparison to any of the GPS units.
Sure I can change them to map mode, but they still don't
have the detail I'm used to. I went from a pc/gps  with Streets
and Trips and now using the phone with built in GPS. YMMV.

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com