Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a biscuit jointer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a biscuit jointer
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 15:07:40 -0500
DeWalt is cool.  I got the PC and it's been a treat as well....

I wouldn't want a knock-off one as that blade is pretty fierce and
your off-hand is always in the middle of everything, bracing the
board or holding a clamp or fixture or something.

Make sure you get good biscuits.  My f-i-l got some crap biscuits and
they didn't swell or they swelled too much and bulged the wood...

At 1/6/2009 at 13:27, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Mark Andy's
keyboard and said:
>Howdy,
>
>Looks like I'm going to make some built in bookcase/cabinets for my
>office.  I'm a relative newbie to finish woodworking.  Done a decent
>bit of rough carpentry and some metal machining though.
>
>Anyway, I think I want to use biscuits rather than screws or
>dovetails or whatever.  So I want to buy a biscuit jointer / cutter
>to make that process easy.
>
>Any recommendations?  I'm looking for something easy to use
>primarily.  I don't have any religion problems with chinese or name
>brand stuff.  I'll be using this for the occasional home project only.

Cheers!