Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a biscuit jointer

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a biscuit jointer
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:20:59 -0800
I have a Freud, and it's been so long since I used it that I had to go
out to the shop and blow the sawdust off the case to see what kind it
was.  I got it probably fifteen years ago, and I'll bet it's been ten
years since I used it.  I did a couple of projects with it then either
lost interest or found other ways to do the same thing.  It seems that
biscuit joiners were a huge fad about 15-20 years ago, mostly
Norm-driven I think.  Now the huge fad is pocket hole drilling jigs.
Like someone else said, if you have a router you can probably make that
work almost as well for a lot less.  Routers, now there's another huge
fad...but I have five of them.  No, six.  The big one is permanently in
the router table.

Dave C