Re: [Shop-talk] Auto gas line repair

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Auto gas line repair
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:09:37 -0600
If it's steel, an alternative source of new, very formable metal line (as
opposed paying the dealer a zillion dollars for the factory part) would be
standard hydraulic tubing.  Yes, it does come in large enough sizes at your
local NAPA or whatever -- few bucks a length.  If you need to join into an
existing steel line and don't have a double-flaring tool, there are
compression-type hydraulic fittings in the same section of the store.
Again, pretty inexpensive.

Karl