Re: [Shop-talk] Auto gas line repair

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Auto gas line repair
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:21:47 -0800
Randall wrote:
> Nowadays, I may use plastic lines if the FLAPS had that in stock...

> My 1970 Audi had plastic line from the tank to the engine.  After driving
> through mixed snow, sand and gravel that was routinely thrown across
> driveways by the snow plow, the line eventually abraded through and
> dumped
> most of a tank of gas on the road.

Saab solved that problem on the 99s and ur-900s - the plastic fuel lines
ran inside the car, under the back seat and up the left-side rocker panel.

On my '81 900T the lines ran right next to the rear-seat lower-cushion
latch, pretty much where the seat would sit on them.  Not sure if that
was a factory routing or a previous-owner bodge, but that got changed in
a hurry.

John.