Re: [Shop-talk] Stoves

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>, Shop Talk List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Stoves
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:57:34 -0500
John T. Blair wrote:
> 1. Any one using an induction stove top?  My wife saw a show yesterday
> about then, and was wondering if they were worth it?

Dunno anything about them.

> 2. With the newer flat top stoves, how do you change a burner?  Or do
> you have to replace the entire flat top (all burners) if one fails.

On the one I was asking questions about the other day, you CAN replace
burners separately.  It's a 1999 vintage Kenmore made by Maytag.  The
top is stamped steel;  the glass was installed from the top;  the
burners bolt into the steel from underneath.  You can punch up model
629.46799 on your favorite parts site if you're curious.

I'll attach a parts diagram, which hopefully will find its way to John,
and be filtered out by the list server.

   -Wayne

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of
M0407006-00001.png]