Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman Tools- Quality???

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman Tools- Quality???
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:36:48 -0500
At 01:31 PM 1/17/2009, Matt Wehland wrote:

 >Well I just got a new plastic tool set with lots of stuff in it on
sale for $100 at
 >Sears. ......

 >The box itself feels nicer than my old (20 year) set, might last longer.
 >But I don't think it hold the tools in very well, we shall
see.  The tools on the
 >other hand just feel cheap....

 >Still looking for a decent tool set.  Any tips on buying used but
not stolen tools?

Matt,

For tools, try the usual, ebay, discount tool stores on line, pawn
shops, and thrift
stores.  However, I find that most of the stuff I've looked at at the
pawn shops
are well used, and to me over priced for their condition.

If you're looking for tool kits, the only good quality ones I can
think of is the
Xlite stuff - but very expensive!!!!

John

Va. Beach, Va