Re: [Shop-talk] Water de-ionizing resin?

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Water de-ionizing resin?
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:16:01 -0800
I, too, got one of these deionized water setups from Costco. I can
wash my black car and put it away wet, with no spots. I plan to use it
for washing windows, too. I saw a van in England where the guy was
scrubbing leaded-glass windows with a sudsy wand and then rinsing --
no squeegee. I asked him about his process, and found that he had a
tank of deionized water in the van, with a 12-volt pumping system
feeding his hose nozzle

I haven't seen any degradation in the original batch of resin
crystals, and the unit comes with a spare packet, but someday I'll
need to find a source for the stuff.

- Bill Rabel