[Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:50:00 -0500
My dishwasher has a 1/8" shaft on its main motor that drives the
impeller. The impeller is on a plastic shaft that slides over the
motor's shaft. There are, well, used to be splines to keep these two
parts rotating at the same speed, but after 8 years of Extreme
Dishwashing the plastic splines have worn out and squeals like a stuck
pig (no pig in the DW, I checked).

In frigidaire's infinite bean counting wisdom they made it impossible
to obtain just the wearable plastic shaft; I need to replace the whole
motor. So I'm looking to epoxy the shafts together. Will A + B work?
What if it's about 15 years old? Is there something better than A + B?
It's a high torque application and I can only do this once.

thanks,
jim