Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?

To: Matt <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Epoxy recommendations?
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:31:27 -0500
I have never had long term success depending on epoxies of any kind
holding in high torque, or even low torque, situations.

If there's room for this, I suggest a bushing that would encircle the
impellers shaft where it goes over the motor shaft.  The metal bushing
would be drilled and tapped for a couple of set screws that would reach
down to the metal shaft.  Does that sound feasible?

I think it would be tough to drill and pin through the 1/8" shaft on the
motor.