Re: [Shop-talk] Removable chain link fence post?

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removable chain link fence post?
From: "Mullen, J T (IT)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:22:10 -0600
> However, there "might" be times where I need to get a
> larger item (tractor, pickup) through this span to get
> into the backyard. I don't really want to put two larger
> gates in across this span

I needed a similar "occasional" gate at one time.  I bought four right
angle corner pieces, two vertical pipes, a pair of hinges, and the bars
that slip into the end of the chain link to attach it to the ends.  I
then removed the 10 foot chunk of fence and bolted it all together.  I
then had a "gate" that looked like the regular part of the fence, but
when needed, I could unlatch the end away from the hinge, and lift it up
and swing my 10 foot wide "gate" open by hand (I had to "carry" it as it
didn't swing freely).  If worked just fine and was cheap to make.

These are the "corner pieces":
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=92187-264-
87088&detail=&lpage=none

The tension bar that slips into the end of the chain link:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=92175-264-
13605&lpage=none

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA