[Shop-talk] What's better than helicoil?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] What's better than helicoil?
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:01:46 -0400
Shoppers:

I have a basic helicoil set for automotive use that I bought years ago, and
finally used for the first time this past weekend.  The job went well, but I
remembered that a while back on this list there were recommendations for other
types of thread repair kits besides helicoil that were considered better.  I
didn't save the information, but wish I did.  Can anyone help with
recommendations?  I would be looking for a good quality kit for both metric
and SAE thread repair.

Thanks,

Gene