Re: [Shop-talk] pressure reducing valve

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pressure reducing valve
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:02:02 -0500
Usually this type of valve is connected to a water supply on the inlet,
and the outlet is open to the atmosphere to allow the valve to limit the
maximum pressure in the line. Is it possible that there is a check valve
on the outlet of the pressure tank? If there is, and the outlet of the
valve is open, it may be there to keep the pressure down on the line
when/if the water heater malfunctions and overheats the water, causing
an increase of pressure in the plumbing. This assumes that the outlet of
the valve is open. If it is in line with the water supply as I read in
the initial post, then it may just look like a pressure relief valve and
be a pressure reducer or check valve instead.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Steven Trovato, On 3/23/2009 4:33 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001