Re: [Shop-talk] garage design, part 2

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage design, part 2
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:36:57 -0500
Mark,

Starting about 2000 I built a 30'x40' (1200 sq.ft.) shop with a 22'x40'
(900 sq.ft.) apartment on top of it for about $50k.

 The shop has 10' ceilings, a 12'x7' office and bathroom with shower.
The walls are 2x6's. I covered the walls with white pegboard and the
ceiling with corrugated metal for reflectivity.

The apartment is 2x4 construction, 2 bedroom, 1 bath.

Granted that was 10 years ago, but I think you should be able to do your
shop for less. My wife and I built about 90% of it ourselves, with some
help framing by friends and grandkids. The stairs up to the apartment
took much longer to build than I thought they would, 22 days!

I'd attach some pictures, but they won't go through. The apartment is
documented at http://www/silentvalleytx.com. If anyone is interested in
exterior pictures I can put them up on line also.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Mark Andy, On 5/13/2009 4:15 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001