Re: [Shop-talk] cable luber

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] cable luber
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:37:09 -0700
> After doing some reading, I think I'm just going to pull the instrument
> panel (which looks to be easy in the motorhome) and see if I can just pull
> out the inner cable.

No idea what your motorhome looks like, but on mine it was actually easier
to lift out the driver's seat, then lay on the floor and reach behind the
dash.  Have to work by feel, but I was able to pull back the clip and get
the cable off with one hand.

I smeared mine with a thin coat of axle grease and slid it back in.  No more
squeak and the speedo needle was a lot steadier.

-- Randall