Re: [Shop-talk] 220 outlets

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 220 outlets
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:27:35 -0700
> Thoughts?

Personally, I'd just stick a bunch of them on the same circuit (maybe make
the circuit big enough to run two at a time).  No different really than
having a row of 110v 15 amp outlets all on the same 15 amp circuit, which is
fairly common in house wiring.

But either of the other approaches would work too.  I recently replaced the
subpanel on my house (because it was Federal Pacific), and it wasn't all
that hard.  The original box is buried in the wall facing the outside, but
the subpanel is just surface mounted below it.  The feed from main to sub is
fished through the wall.

Randall