[Shop-talk] Brush trimmer tales of woe

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Brush trimmer tales of woe
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 21:17:31 -0700
Just wanted to pass on the less than satisfying tale of my Ryobi BC30
trimmer.  It seemed like $150 well spent: it started well, cut through most
anything with either the string head or brushcutter blade, and felt pretty
good for 25 months, until the motor appeared to release its hold on the
output shaft.  Too bad it had a 24 month warranty.  Their response when I
asked for some leeway on the 24 months?  They sent me a list of authorized
service centers that would take my money.

Off to buy an Echo or Stihl.

Mark Miller
With weeds starting to take over