Re: [Shop-talk] welding mask

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] welding mask
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:05:57 -0400
Frank,

One thing no one has mentioned, is it depends on the helmet you have, as to
weither you can add a magnifying lense.

I have an older typical welding helmet that I put an aftermarket auto darkening
lense.  I was able to add the magnifying lense to it.  On the cheap (Harbor
Freight) auto darkening helmet for my son.  This helmet will not take an
additional magnifying lense.

So if you have a Harbor Freight helmet, you'll need to get another
pair of glasses
for welding which will be the close up part of your bifocals.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic