Re: [Shop-talk] air compressor question

To: mike rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] air compressor question
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:15:54 -0400
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM, mike rambour <mikey@b2systems.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 16:07 -0400, Mark Andy wrote:
>
> > Anyway, looking at 'real' compressors, this one looks nice to me:
> >
> http://www.tptools.com/p/184,91_5-HP-2-Stage-Champion-Centurion-Series.html
> >
> > It has some of the highest cfm at 90psi I've seen, max pressure is
> 175psi,
> > and the pump runs at 805 rpm which I assume means it'll be pretty quiet.
> > The downside, of course, is price.  Its by far more expensive than any of
> > my other options.
>
> Can't speak about the others but the 80gallon model is the one I have,
> incredibly great compressor compared to Sears airless that I had before.
> Nice and quiet too, its in the garage and it does not bother me.  I was
> worried about the price (5 years ago) but now it no longer matters as I
> know better now, I have no doubt my daughter will be selling it or using

The shop I used to run had a pair of champion air compressors.  They were
great.   If you can afford this, get it.  One would have been nearly enough
for the four bay shop, most of the time, but there was also a car wash,
which required an amazing amount of air.  (Even when it wasn't leaking,
which was not all that often...)  Neither of them (one 7.5 hp one, very old;
one five HP, new) was particularly loud, but they weren't quite, either.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com