Re: [Shop-talk] Removing a dove tail gun sight....

To: Gerald Brazil <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>, shop-talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removing a dove tail gun sight....
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:20:29 -0500
OK, so first I have to tell you about all I know about firearms is to
avoid having one pointed in my direction. Can this gun be
fired?  Thinking about your cooling idea, I would think that firing
the gun would heat the barrel.  Perhaps some combination of firing
the gun and applying the dry ice to the sight would generate the
expansion/contraction combination you desire.  Now of course this may
not be terribly practical where your vise is located.  My only
thought here is that firing a gun makes it hot.  Figuring out if this
information is useful and how to apply it safely I will leave to
others with more knowledge on the subject.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net