Re: [Shop-talk] Removing a dove tail gun sight....

To: "'Elton E. \(Tony\) Clark'" <eltonclark@gmail.com>, "'Steven
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removing a dove tail gun sight....
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:02:22 -0800
Kroil and patience helped me remove a lot of parts from my 1960 Triumph TR3
that were last tightened when the bloke on the Triumph assembly line torqued
them down for the first time.  I also found that gently heating the part,
just about as hot as you can hold, then spraying with Kroil accelerated the
process significantly by helping the Kroil penetrate, but does not affect
the metal at all.

Jack