Re: [Shop-talk] UPDATE: HF Tire Changer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] UPDATE: HF Tire Changer
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 05:43:45 +0430
I agree with Nolan.  For the price of the changer, I got my money's worth
and then some.  One note, the problem you are having breaking the bead is
one I've seen a few times.  There are no easy answers, just keep adjusting
the angle until you get it to break.

I do have one question for the list...

Has anyone seen the new "hybrid" spare tire that Mercedes uses?  It's a
tire that collapses down on itself when deflated, but with a compressor
(included), the tire expands to a full size spare.  It's an amazing tire.
I had to mount one of those once and it was a b*tch.  But I was able to
get it with the HF tire changer.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

"Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
12/16/2009 20:28

<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] UPDATE: HF Tire Changer

Well, like I said, I've done upwards of about a hundred tires with my HF
tire changer.

To bust the bead, kick the toe of the breaker against the rim as you push
down, and keep it there.

Not sure how you didn't realize that the tire changer bar goes around the
rim, but at least now you do.