Re: [Shop-talk] What is it called

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What is it called
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 06:59:50 -0800
Bob wrote:

>There is a little device I've seem used in sheet metal work that holds a
>panel in place via the screw holes. It is used as a temporary fastener while
>doing the fitting.  You place it in the screw hole and it acts like a
>reusable pop rivet.
>
>Can anyone tell me the name of the device and where they might be available?

         Are you thinking of a cleco clamp?
         Pegasus sells them
(http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=CLECOS) as well as many
aircraft supply places.
         Just Google "cleco clamp" and you'll get a bunch of hits.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 270,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       227,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff