Re: [Shop-talk] Running a building costs, 6k ft^2 block garage

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Running a building costs, 6k ft^2 block garage
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:23:32 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Mullen, Tim (IS) wrote:
>> has a 6000 ft^2 block building. <...>
>> realized I have no idea what maintenance costs and utility
>> costs would be for a building like that...
>
> For a building that big (picture my mouth watering here), maybe you
> could rent out space for people to park their RVs (if it's tall enough),
> boats, etc. to store them in part of the building, while you have a huge
> shop in the rest.  Then the cost wouldn't matter (you might even make a
> profit)...  :)

Yeah, that would be a possible option, though I dunno about insurance /
liability / whatever.  Plus I have my own motorhome and enclosed trailer
that if the building can hold those would probably be in there.  :-)

I just don't have any idea as to a 'monthly budget amount' for running /
maintaining a block building that size here in Ohio.  If its a couple
hundred a month... Great!  But if its $500+/month, then the extra space is
starting to be a downside and not an upside.

Mark