Re: [Shop-talk] Lighting

To: stuart.a.galt@boeing.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Lighting
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:03:29 GMT
I was able to find cheap metal halide lighting.  At least in the Atlanta area,
there were several sources for recycled high bay type lighting.  I was able to
get the transformer, bulb, and plastic diffuser for around $40 each.  They
replaced any that didn't work and even threw in a handfull of spare bulbs.  I
don't recall the power demand - may be why they were replaced in favor of
efficiency...
But they give great light!  They do take a moment or two to come up from
cold..
Matt Barre
Columbus, GA

Stuart wrote:
I need to find a different lighting option because I
cannot keep up!  My ideal alternative would provide lots of light, not cost
an
arm/leg to run, be heat/cold tolerant (garage is not heated) and not require
me to spend all my time going up/down a ladder.   I have 18 light fixtures on
4 different circuits (the garage is 2400 sq ft).
Senior Assisted Living
Put your loved ones in good hands with quality senior assisted living. Click
now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=7NqzCDRTzs0vdry2X5aUmQAAJ1Bdm0m
GPxpgr-kLaQS4Hyu2AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASUQAAAAA=