Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha

To: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha
From: Drew Rogge <drew@DasRogges.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 07:44:09 -0800
This reminds me of when my daughter was learning to drive. I wanted to
have her experience just how well brakes could work (sans WOT, don't want
to get into that) to bring a car to a stop. I had her drive out to this
long straight stretch of country road, get up to about 50 MPH and apply
the brakes with a quick steadily increasing pressure, much like threshold
braking. There was this loud thump from the back seat and when I looked
back there was poor Jazz the Airedale laying on the floor with this WTF
look on his face. We had forgotten that he had come along for the ride.

Drew

[snip]