Re: [Shop-talk] An off shoot of the Toyota debacle.....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] An off shoot of the Toyota debacle.....
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 19:19:59 -0800
Nolan wrote:

>Really?  Now that's interesting.  A friend has gasoline Jetta that
>definitely does not.  As evidenced by the power braking antics one can do
>with it.  It's about an 06.  I wonder why the difference.

         I broke out my repair manual.  Looks like in A4 chassis cars
(99.5-06 Golf, 99.5-05 Jetta) only the 2.0 liter gasser has a cable, the
other engines use DBW.  A '06 Jetta is the newer A5 chassis with different
engines, the engine in your friends Jetta may use a cable or has different
software in the ECU that doesn't include the brake override feature.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 270,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       230,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff