Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:34:57 -0500
I know I'm a little late.

I have the Socket Logic holders and they are a great idea, poorly
executed. If you never intend to move your organizers they will probably
work fine. But if you want to carry your sets to the work-site, the
pockets are too loose and too shallow keep the sockets in place. I am
always chasing loose sockets down between the other sockets. The units
are also too tall and wide to be stored in most toolbox drawers. So I
would recommend these for the limited use of stationary, bench-top
service. They do stack nicely though. I have three and they sit on top
of each other on my tool cart.

The ne plus ultra of socket organizers comes from Cal-Con. They are
priced to match.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260540652675>
When I'm chasing another loose socket from my Socket Logic holders, I've
daydreamed about acquiring powerful magnets with center holes, like in
the Cal-Con, and hot gluing them into my Socket Logic unit. Or buying
sets of these MagClips
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400056375439>
and screwing them to a board. Two of these
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350214518233>
screwed to a 1x6 with handles would be about perfect. You can
interchange the center peg sizes to mix and match sockets. Hmmmmm, maybe
I should start a business . . .

Jon