Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?

To: "'Jim Franklin'" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "'Shop-Talk List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?
From: "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:26:36 -0500
Well, I use the 'Lisle' style organizers for the sockets I use the most.
Some are magnetic. Some aren't.  I find it makes them easier to take to the
car I'm working on, especially if I'm using a portable table.

I also have some sockets that came from Sears in little plastic organizers,
which remain in those organizers to this day.  Many 'extra' sockets are
either in a shallow metal tray, and old portable carrier that a socket set
came in, or in the case of the extra 1/2" drive sockets- just sitting in the
drawer.

Pictures are here:  www.bighealey.org/Sockets

The absolute best thing I did was to take the time to take a permanent
marker and mark the plastic holders with the socket sizes!  It's a little
thing, but it makes all the difference in grabbing the socket I want, when I
want it instead of fumbling around for the right size.

Al Fuller
al@bighealey.org
'62 BT-7
'65 BJ-8