Re: [Shop-talk] Portable work table requirements

To: Al Fuller <al@bighealey.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Portable work table requirements
From: Ben Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:58:30 -0500
I've got one of the Wal-Mart roll-around tables with adjustable top and
a cabinet in the bottom.  Its not super useful except as a place to set
tools and smaller/lighter parts.  Too unsteady for a work surface.  I've
also got a Harbor Freight roll around cart with an upper and lower
shelf.  It's good for heavier parts, but a too low for a work surface.
The thing I've found the most useful for a portable work surface is an
old ironing board.  High, stable, reasonably sturdy and doesn't take
much space when its not in use.  If my wife ever decides to iron
something I'll probably have to buy her a new one though.....

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler@gmail.com
Columbus, IN
1966 Triumph TR4A