[Shop-talk] Portable work table requirements

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Portable work table requirements
From: "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:39:12 -0500
All:

SO - as I'm getting cranked up to do some serious car work out in the
garage, it occurs to me that I might want a different portable work table.
Any suggestions for requirements?

I'm currently using an old TV table.  It has casters, two shelf and the top
- nothing special.  The size is around 18" x 24", and the height is probably
24" or so.

I do have an old computer table that might get thrown out if it's not
re-purposed.  It's got a bigger foot print, and has sliding drawers.  The
slides aren't anything special, but I will/would go over to Home
Depot/Lowes/Rocklers and get some drawer slides, which would make it
sturdier, as well as having a stop, so the drawer doesn't come out in my
hands.

Current thinking:
Size:   Approx 18" x 30"
Feet:   Locking casters
Power:  Outlet mounted on work table for power tools (dremel, etc)
Power:  25' extension cord to reach wall  (cord reel?)
Drawers:        2-3 sliding drawers.  ?More  ?Fewer ?anything special to
have on hand?

Other ideas?

Al Fuller
al@bighealey.org