Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman garage door openers

To: <scott.hall@comcast.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman garage door openers
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:23:32 -0500
On the Craftsman openers that I have had for the past 25 years all I ever
did was cycle the opener so the motor driven part would "run over" the door
attached part and they would hook back up. The only think I can think that
would prevent this from working correctly is if the latch on the door
attached part that you pulled down to release the two pieces was gummed up
so the spring would not allow the latch to work - i.e. it was in the "pulled
the rope position" more or less permanently.