Re: [Shop-talk] string trimmer engine won't run

To: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] string trimmer engine won't run
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:08:34 -0700
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 03:31:02PM -0700, Battmain wrote:
> Sounds like fuel mixture issue to me if it will run with the choke partially
>open. Find the
> manual online and mess with the mixture adjustment. It is usually pretty
>easy. If that

Mixture adjustment doesn't go bad all by itself.
I don't suggest twiddling the adjusters.   Find the real problem.

> doesn't work, I'd get a carb rebuild kit or fuel diaphragm gasket and that
>should
> resolve the issue. The diaphragm can also stick in the carb. Take the carb
>apart and look
> at the flap on the diaphragm. It should be flexible and not stiff. If it's
>stiff, it wont meter

Correct about the diaphram.  If you have to go into the carb to check for
clogged jets, check that too.

Plugs don't usually foul when the engine is running warm and WFO.
When they do foul, the engine won't start.  So that's not it.

Eric

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive