Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders

To: <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:20:56 -0500
Thanks David.  I don't know exactly what it is about Alpine clutches, but know
some people have resorted to raising the front end of the car and leaving the
slave bleeder slightly open all night long (and draining into a jar with fluid
in it) in order to get that last bit of air out.  (I tried that once and it
didn't seem to do anything.)  I have also used my vacuum bleeder and the good
old helper method and while everything works, there is no question in my mind
that there is still a bit of air in there.  I can feel the difference after I
pump the system a couple of times.  It is subtle, but definitely there.