Re: [Shop-talk] Removing tub spout

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removing tub spout
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:52:25 -0500
Scott,

Several answers here.

The spigot may have an internal female pipe thread, so it may just screw
off. If it really old, it may break or twist the pipe loose, so be careful.

As top how to clean the valve in place, get a plastic bag and some white
vinegar. Add a cup or two of vinegar to the bag, tape the bag over the
spout and squeeze the bag until the vinegar is up in the spigot. Tape
the bag compressed to keep the vinegar inside the spigot. Leave it for a
day, remove the bag and check operation. Repeat if necessary. I use this
method to clean my shower heads also.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake scott.hall@comcast.net, On 4/2/2010 3:02 PM: