Re: [Shop-talk] trailer ramps

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer ramps
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 23:12:57 -0400
Thanks Mark.  I automatically cringe at the thought of dissimilar
metals, but I suppose in an application like this nothing disastrous
will happen.  I have no idea what the comparative weights actually
are, but expanded metal is much lighter than solid steel.

The clamp idea has potential.  I'm not sure just what you're
using.  I guess I'll have to check out the clamps on my next trip to
HD.  Thanks.

-Steve

At 10:28 PM 7/2/2010, Mark wrote:

>I have aluminum diamond plate about 1/8 thick riveted to the ramps and it
>works good.  I have 6 foot ramps that I had to have for a Healey 100, they
>would be really heavy with steel anything.
>
>My trailer is built like yours with just the channel on ramps and rear of
>the trailer.  I found that the small quick release wood clamps from Home
>Depot put enough pressure down on the channel that they don't lift or slide.
>I put the long side down toward the road and the top only sticks up about an
>inch and works fine.
>
>Mark
>Nashville

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html