Re: [Shop-talk] shop sewer/septic tank prob

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] shop sewer/septic tank prob
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:14:59 -0400
On 7/30/2010 6:25 PM, Randall wrote:
>> anything I can do in the interim to prevent a disaster ??
>>
> Stop flushing, and take your showers in the backyard!

Good advice!!!

However, pumping out the tank may not fix it.  My experience is slow
drains means a clog somewhere.  You'll have to dig up the lids (plural)
to the tank for the driver anyway, so open it and see if the tank is
really full of solids.  The incoming pipe is usually above the level of
the outgoing pipe/baffles, so it should be clear if it is full.  If the
incoming pipe is above the tank level, you have a clog.

Peter T.