[Shop-talk] Portable compressors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Portable compressors
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 01:04:56 -0500
For my daughter's house project, as well as trimming some of my house, I
want to buy a portable compressor.  Since I have lots of 2+ HP compressors,
at home I could just buy more hose, but for the Indiana job I really need
another compressor.

Is there any inherent convenience or other reason to buy a pancake
compressor vs a twin-tank model of the same cubic foot capacity ?  Looks
like the twin-tank ones have a lower CG which might be a consideration for
roofers, but is there any other reason to prefer one configuration over the
other, the compressor itself being equal ?

TIA

Karl

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96