Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw or compound miter saw

To: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw or compound miter saw
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 23:25:37 -0400
I  have the same saw, bought maybe 6 years ago, and I have always been
very happy with it. I also got a Ridgid portable stand from HD, and
that is also very handy.  It is rather heavy though, and is really
meant for a 12" saw.

Doug

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'm very happy with my Dewalt 10" compound miter saw. Lots of trim work and
> pretty accurate. I saw the comment about looking for old USA made ones. Mine
> is 7-8 years old, so quality may have changed. Make sure whatever you get
> you can lift and carry. I also recommend an adjustable stand. See 40612 at
> Harbor Freight for a sample. I liked the Ryobi one from Home Depot better at
> $99 a few years ago.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive