Re: [Shop-talk] Programmable thermostat with home/away functions?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Programmable thermostat with home/away functions?
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 10:26:54 -0400
Not sure if the Hunter 44360 will come close enough for you or not.  I have
this thermostat myself.

The feature that may work is the "home" button.  This button overrides the
temperature profile and takes the unit to whatever you've already told it is
comfortable.  So you can leave it at the high summer setting, but when
someone walks in, just poke the button and it cools down (or heats up in the
winter).  But you'd have to keep poking the button for each time phase.

The other feature that could work is the "away" mode.  Though I find this
mode rather hard to operate.  You tell it you're going away, and set an
alternative low energy profile for that time.  Run it in reverse.  Set it to
away when some is there, with a comfortable setting, and the normal default
is more energy efficient.  But like I said, I find the menu difficult to
work on this mode.

Alternatively, a wall mounted toggle switch with two thermostats.  Throw the
switch towards whichever thermostat you wish to use.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums