Re: [Shop-talk] removing broken PVC threads

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] removing broken PVC threads
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 11:46:31 -0700
> Hmm, seems like there should be some "easy out" kinda tool that would
> expand as turned CCW and grip the ID.

I can't seem to find the kind I have on the net.  It's kind of a cross
between a tapered reamer and an "Easy Out", except it has only a very slight
LH twist.  You have to tap it into place with a hammer, but it works better
for me than the "Easy Out" variety (which tend to expand the nipple and lock
it into place even harder).

But here is something somewhat similar, that should work:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQRAOM

Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96