Re: [Shop-talk] removing broken PVC threads

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] removing broken PVC threads
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 15:23:38 -0400
How about heating up the oversized screwdriver so that it melts the
plastic a bit when it is inserted.  That should grab the broken piece
pretty well.  Keep in mind that everything is plastic here, so if a
lot of force is required, you're probably going to just snap
something somewhere else.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

At 01:10 PM 9/4/2010, Glenn Owen wrote:
>Same thing happened to me while installing a system a couple of
>weeks ago. I just tapped an oversized flat screwdriver (tapered
>blade) into the broken off piece and unscrewed with no problem.
>If this is an old installation and the sealer has hardened, you
>might have a bigger problem.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive