Re: [Shop-talk] H.F. tool cabinet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] H.F. tool cabinet
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:51:40 -0400
At 03:30 PM 9/19/2010, David C. wrote:

 >...Anyway, today's papers are full of ads for the 11 drawer roller
cabinet for
 >$139, which seems like a pretty good deal considering the list price (does
 >ANYONE pay list price for anything from H.F.?) is $299 and the web price is
 >$219.  http://www.harborfreight.com/11-drawer-roller-cabinet-67421.html

David,

The 11 drawer is the total number of total drawers for the roller
box, intermediate box, and top box.  I can't believe you get all 3 boxes for
$219!  If you are looking for a starter or junk tool box, man that sounds
like a deal to me.

However, I agree with Wayne about the large open void in the bottom.
I've got an old (25 yr old), cheap ($77) 2 piece - roller cabinet and
3 drawer top
box, I got from Zayer's.  It has the large void in the bottom
also.  I don't really
like it much as you can't organize things too well.  I through a lot
of junk and my
bulky circular saw in there.  So you might want to see what is available from
Sears or one of the other vendors.

I have one of the large H.F. 13 drawer roller cabinets:

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-drawer-red-industrial-quality-roller-cabinet-90320.html

I got on sale.  Now that one I really like.  I do like the fact it
has the one wide
drawer at the top.  I store all my socket set there.  The deeper drawer on the
bottom has my air tools in the large one, and a corded drill, multitool, and DA
sander in the smaller deep drawer.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229